1) What goes in to an overhaul?
Here are the steps of a full overhaul:
- 1. Brief consultation about the objectives you wish to obtain with the overhaul.
- 2. The saxophone is taken apart and the play between the posts and the rods are eliminated by swedging and restoring the posts to their original position.
- 3. The saxophone and its parts are individually washed and sterilized.
- 4. While the horn is apart, we straighten the body and eliminate small dents where necessary.
- 5. Pads and resonators are put into place. When possible on vintage horns, the original resonators are utilized. We also offer various choices for the resonators: nylon, brass, silver, flat or domes - each type according the sound and playing style of our customers. Pads are custom made for Roberto, and are made of the finest Italian leather available. After the saxophone is assembled, Roberto works personally with you to attain the key height and action of your preference.
- 6. After the saxophone is assembled, Roberto works personally with you to attain the key height and action of your preference.
- 7. All of Roberto's overhauls come with a 6 month warranty which includes free check ups and adjustments.
The springs of the instrument rarely need to be changed, but if there is a request to do so there is an extra fee of $150 for this service.
If the instrument has significant body damage, including large dents, there will be an extra charge for this service. The amount will depend on the extent of the damage.